Long U Word Sorts :
Are you looking for an engaging way to teach the dreaded long u spelling patterns? Word sorts are a hands on way to encourage students to inquire spelling patterns.
This PDF Includes :
TWO Long U Word Sorts in each color AND black and white:
- Each sort includes 22 words
- TWO header options (U, U-E, EW, UE / Header #1, Header #2, Header #3, Header #4)
- Homophone flash cards
- 7 Center activities + Spelling Test
- Answer Key
The 7 center activities include :
- SORT TRACKER : Students record their sort under the correct header.
- YOUR BEST HANDWRITING : Students write their sort list in their best handwriting.
- CURSIVE CHALLENGE : Students can give cursive a test drive while referring to their "Your Best Handwriting" list. (The words are listed in the same order for reference.)
- COLOR BY SORT : Students color a page by spelling pattern.
- ALPHABETIZE EACH SORT : Kids use their "Sort Tracker" to list their words in alphabetical order.
- COMPLETE THE WORD : Students complete the words with a given spelling rule : In separate sections they practice words that end in ew and ue. This includes picture clues for homophones.
- CHOOSE A SPELLING PATTERN : Students complete the words using the spelling patterns they have learned throughout the week.This includes picture clues for homophones.
You Might Also Like:
Long & Short E Word Sorts and Center Activities (Short E and EA / Long EE / EA)
Long O Word Sort and Center Activities (OW, OA, O-E, OE)
Long I Word Sort and Center Activities (Short I, IGH, I-E, Y)
Earn TpT Store Credit towards your next purchase!
Teachers Pay Teachers will give you credit each time you leave feedback on a purchased item. (All of my resources include detailed instructions on how to leave feedback on your purchases.)
Thanks for stopping by!