Long Vowel Pattern Review Word Sorts :
Looking for an engaging way for students to review their long vowel spelling patterns? Take students through a words study that allows them to categorize long vowels under four main spelling patterns : CVVC, CVCC, CVCe, and Open Syllables.
>>> Included in the Uncommon Long Vowel Pattern Word Sort Bundle <<<
This PDF Includes :
TWO Vowel Team Word Sorts (in color AND black and white):
- Each sort includes 22 words
- TWO header options (CVVCE, CVCC, and CVCe / Header #1, Header #2, Header #3,)
- Homonym flash cards (4 cards)
- 7 Center activities + Spelling Test
- Answer Key
The 7 center activities include :
- SORT TRACKER : Students record their sort under the correct header.
- YOUR BEST HANDWRITING : Students write their sort list in their best handwriting.
- CURSIVE CHALLENGE : Students can give cursive a test drive while referring to their "Your Best Handwriting" list. (The words are listed in the same order for reference.)
- COLOR BY SORT : Students color a page by spelling pattern.
- ALPHABETIZE EACH SORT : Kids use their "Sort Tracker" to list their words in alphabetical order.
- Review Long Vowel Patters : Students find and circle the vowel(s) in the word.
- LABEL LONG VOWEL PATTERNS : Students label words under CVVC, CVCC, CVCe, or OS (Open Syllable).
This review goes over the long vowel patterns from the following sorts :
Long A Word Sorts and Center Activities (Short A, AY, A-E, & AI)
Long & Short E Word Sorts and Center Activities (Short E and EA / Long EE / EA)
Long O Word Sort and Center Activities (OW, OA, O-E, OE)
Long I Word Sort and Center Activities (Short I, IGH, I-E, Y)
Long U Word Sorts and Center Activities (Short U, EW, U-E, & UE)
Short and Long I & O Word Sorts and Center Activities
Vowel Team EI and IE Word Sorts and Center Activities
Earn TpT Store Credit towards your next purchase!
Teachers Pay Teachers will give you credit each time you leave feedback on a purchased item. (All of my resources include detailed instructions on how to leave feedback on your purchases.)
You can also search for Love, Teach, and Learn at :
Thanks for stopping by!