Also included in
- Word study provides students with opportunities to investigate and understand the patterns in words. Knowledge of these spelling patterns helps students discover the common ways to spell the sounds of the English language. This product provides students the opportunity to investigate the long vowel$21.00$30.00Save $9.00
- My purpose in creating these spelling units was for my students to be able to work independently and purposefully on spelling during our language arts rotations.The CCSS for this product are listed separately.Use these activities throughout the week to build students’ spelling skills.This bundle cur$75.00$118.00Save $43.00
Word study provides students with opportunities to investigate and understand the patterns in words. Knowledge of these spelling patterns helps students discover the common ways to spell the sounds of the English language. This product provides students the opportunity to investigate the words with long vowel + consonant + silent e spellings.
Words in Unit
Each unit focuses on 16 words. The words included in this unit are home, tape, June, gate, dice, grapes, cake, bike, write, globe, mule, tune, rope, cone, costume, and knife. Four additional words have students apply the skill. Apply Words for this lesson are lake, cube, bone, and lime.
Program Promotes Independence
My purpose in creating these spelling units was for my students to be able to work independently and purposefully on word study during our language arts rotations. The visual component of the program helps to allow students to work independently.
Table of Contents
- Extensive lists of words containing the word parts under investigation. This also provides excellent vocabulary building opportunities.
- Practice page with a preselected word list for grades 2 or 3
- Blank practice page for student selected or teacher selected word list from the Suggested Word Lists or elsewhere**
- Miniature flashcards with illustration for the preselected word list
- Storage pocket for the miniature flashcards**
- Word Wall cards for the preselected words (color and b/w)
- Word Wall cards for the apply words (to be used for differentiation) (color and b/w)
- Word Sort for the preselected word list
- Cover page for the word sort**
- Story writing page**
- Rhyme Time activity pages**
- Word Collection Challenge for independent reading**
- Practice Page for preselected list + Boggle game
- Word Find with words for Suggested Lists**
- Crossword Puzzle with words from preselected list
- Scavenger Hunt for practice of preselected list (color and b/w) (includes a page of blank cards for differentiation)
- Worksheet to practice preselected words in context
- Gameboard to practice words (color and b/w)**
- Scavenger Hunt with illustrations only to use as assessment (color and b/w) includes Apply Words
- Assessment page for preselected words for use with or without the scavenger hunt or for any word list**
- Assessment page for personal word list
** Can be used with any list
Know and apply grade-level phonics and word analysis skills in decoding words.
Distinguish long and short vowels when reading regularly spelled one-syllable words.
Know spelling-sound correspondences for additional common vowel teams.
Decode regularly spelled two-syllable words with long vowels.
Decode words with common prefixes and suffixes.
Identify words with inconsistent but common spelling-sound correspondences.
Recognize and read grade-appropriate irregularly spelled words.
TEKS Grade2.2 The student develops word structure knowledge through phonological awareness, print concepts, phonics, and morphology to communicate, decode, and spell.
TEKS Grade 3.2.C (Ci) demonstrate and apply spelling knowledge by spelling one-syllable and multisyllabic words with closed syllables; open syllables; VCe syllables; vowel teams, including digraphs and diphthongs; r-controlled syllables; and final stable syllables
You May Also Like
Tips for Customers
• Follow my store for product updates and sales.
• Follow my Facebook page to find occasional flash freebies and ½ price sales on new products here
• Please leave feedback to gain credit for future purchases.
• Contact me through Product Q&A with any questions, concerns, or problems.
Ann Fausnight ♥