Also included in
- My purpose in creating these spelling units was for my students to be able to work independently and purposefully on spelling during our language arts rotations.The CCSS for this product are listed separately.Use these activities throughout the week to build students’ spelling skills.This bundle cur$75.00$118.00Save $43.00
- 2-Letter Blends 3-Letter ClustersSilent ConsonantsConsonant DigraphsEnding Digraphs -tch and -dgeFive weeks of independent work including assessmentSpelling Units Consonants Bundle has the complete unit for each of these consonant units; 2-Letter Blends, 3-Letter Clusters, Consonant Digraphs and Sil$18.00$25.00Save $7.00
One week of independent work including assessment
My purpose in creating these spelling units was for my students to be able to work independently and purposefully on spelling during our language arts rotations.
Use these eight activities throughout the week to build students’ spelling skills.
This spelling unit contains brush, shadow, whistle, wheat, wheel, whiskers, cheese, church, chair, bathtub, thread, feather, photo, trophy, and sphere for focus on the consonant digraph spellings (ch, ph, sh, th, and wh).
Challenge Words for this lesson are: whale, check, graph, and thorn
Table of Contents (14 Activities)
• Extensive lists of words containing the word parts under investigation. These also provide excellent vocabulary building opportunities.
• Practice page with a preselected word list for grades 2 or 3
• Blank practice page for student selected or teacher selected word list from the Suggested Word Lists or elsewhere**
• Miniature flashcards with illustration for the preselected word list
• Storage pocket for the miniature flashcards**
• Word Wall cards for the preselected words (color and b/w)
• Word Wall cards for the apply words (to be used for differentiation) (color and b/w)
• Word Sort for the preselected word list
• Cover page for the word sort**
• Story writing page**
• Rhyme Time activity pages**
• Word Collection Challenge for independent reading**
• Practice Page for preselected list + Boggle game
• Crossword Puzzle with words from preselected list
• Scavenger Hunt for practice of preselected list (color and b/w) (includes a page of blank cards for differentiation)
• Worksheet to practice preselected words in context
• Gameboard to practice words (color and b/w)**
• Scavenger Hunt with illustrations only to use as assessment
(color and b/w) includes Challenge Words
• Assessment page for preselected words for use with or without the scavenger hunt or for any word list**
A poster defining digraphs is included in color and B/W
Other available Spelling Units
Find my blog entry on using these units here: