Get your students reading with low prep
word games! This resource includes 5 fun games that students in grades 1 and 2 will love. These games can be used with any type of word list, whether it be spelling words, word study of a specific phonics pattern, or to learn sight words. All you need to do is type in your words on the game card page, or hand write them in later.
Games included are:
1. Vowel Spin – students identify phonics patterns and read words
2. The Spelling Game – students practice spelling words to move across the game board
3. Go Fish – a spin on this favorite card game to read words and identify spelling patterns
4. Old Maid – another spin on a popular card game where students read words and recognize phonics patterns within words
5. Tic Tac Toe – students practice reading and writing words and try to get 3 in a row
Download the preview to check out every page. I hope your students enjoy these games as much as mine do!
Check out my other reading resources:
A Year of Mixed Up Sentences
Coming soon – Word Games For: Spelling, Phonics Patterns & Sight Words for Grades 2-3
Remember to leave feedback to earn TpT credits!