All of my word study materials are based on the “Word Journeys” program by Kathy Ganske. If you are not familiar with the program, there are four stages of learning. With each stage, there are different features which focus on different aspects or rules of word study. Each feature is further broken up into different sorts to practice different variations of the feature rule.
The focus of Feature E is final consonant blends and digraphs. It is broken into three different components – digraphs, blends, and word families ending in two consonants. The materials in this packet are for Digraphs; there is only one sort for this component.
These materials include:
· Teacher Guide (lists the sort rules, the answer key, and the various activity directions)
· Word Sort List (large copy of words for student manipulation and a small copy to glue in notebooks)
· Two Ring Sort Activity Materials along with teacher directions and explanation
· Partner/Group Activity Materials
· Independent Activity Materials
I also have packets for the other individual sorts in this feature. If you are want all the sorts (or just those for either the Blends component or the Word Families component), you can purchase those as a bundle packet for a reduced cost. If you are interested in the individual sorts or the bundles, please see my product listings under Word Study – Letter Name Stage, Feature E.