Use these phonics-based reading goal posters as a display in the classroom.
Assign these "I can" statements as individual reading goals to hold students accountable for their reading achievement. They work!!
This set of 22 full page phonics goals can be used in the classroom to monitor student growth and hold students accountable for their learning.
I use these alongside the Words Their Way program to help keep students focused on their current spelling pattern. These poster sets keep them anchored in their phonics study.
Included in this set:
• I can read all my letter sounds.
• I can read all my vowel sounds.
• I can read rhyming words.
• I can count the syllables.
• I can read the different sounds of b and d.
• I can read CVC words.
• I can choose the right vowel sound.
• I can read digraphs.
• I can read long a vowel sounds.
• I can read long e vowels sounds.
• I can read long I vowel sounds.
• I can read long o vowel sounds.
• I can read long u vowel sounds.
• I can read CVCe words.
• I can catch Bandit Y.
• I can read r-controlled vowels.
• I can read r-blends.
• I can read l-blends.
• I can read s-blends.
• I can look for diphthongs.
• I can look for silent consonants.
• I can look for vowel patterns.
I will continue to update the product as I create more goals!
Print one or two per page in color for classroom display and then clip students names to their personal reading goal. I have found printing 2 per page saves classroom space!
Also, I print 2-4 on a page and send a copy home for parent awareness/involvement or to document student growth in a data portfolio.
You may also like the following Goal Poster Sets:
• Word Detective Strategies Posters for Phonics with Personal Goal Cards
• Phonics/Foundational Skills Reading Goals with "I can" Statements-BUNDLE!
•Reading Strategies Reading Goals with "I can" Statements
Please visit my blog TheKFiles
for additional resources and ideas for the primary classroom!
From my home away from home…
The K Files