All of my word study materials are based on the “Word Journeys” program by Kathy Ganske. If you are not familiar with the program, there are four stages of learning. With each stage, there are different features which focus on different aspects or rules of word study. Each feature is further broken up into different sorts to practice different variations of the feature rule.
Before staring Feature K, it is recommended that the students study compound words, plural endings, and inflectional endings (sounds of –ed). The Pre-Feature K unit is broken into those three different components. The materials in this packet are for Inflectional Endings, Sort 1.
These materials include:
· Teacher Guide (lists the sort rules, the answer key, and the various activity directions)
· Word Sort List (large copy of words for student manipulation and a small copy to glue in notebooks)
· Two Ring Sort Activity Materials along with teacher directions and explanation
· Partner/Group Activity Materials
· Independent Activity Materials
I have individual sorts for the Compound Words and Plural Words components. I also have a bundle packet with all FOUR sorts in this unit available at a reduced price. If you are interested in the individual sorts or the bundle, please see my product listings under Word Study – Syllable Juncture Stage, Pre-Feature K.