Products in this Bundle (4)
Also included in
- My purpose in creating these spelling units was for my students to be able to work independently and purposefully on spelling during our language arts rotations.The CCSS for this product are listed separately.Use these activities throughout the week to build students’ spelling skills.This bundle cur$75.00$118.00Save $43.00
This bundle contains OU and OW, OI and OY, Sounds of OO (books vs. boots), /aw/ Spellings (aw, au, al, and all), and R-Controlled Vowels (er, ir, and ur). I
My purpose in creating these spelling units was for my students to be able to work independently and purposefully on spelling during our language arts rotations.
Use these eight activities throughout the week to build students’ spelling skills.
Each spelling unit contains:
- A practice list of 16 words with the spellings.Students copy a list for home and a list for the word study or spelling interactive notebook.
- A word sort introduces students to the pictures of the words which will be used during the week. A flapbook page is included for the word sort. Students copy the words under the correct flap of the My Word Collection flapbook. The My Word Collection flapbook page can also be used to encourage students to find additional words during their reading time.
- The Rhyme Time page has students working with the word list by finding rhyming words and extending their understanding of the vowel spellings by finding additional words. Students are asked to write couplets using their words to complete this foldable.
- Students practice the words in context by using the scavenger hunt cards with words. (This activity can also be completed without the cards. An additional worksheet is included.) Four extra cards are included if you would like to include additional words for practice.
- The cards could also be used in small group, in pairs, or independently for sorting, matching (memory game), and spelling activities. A two-player board game is included.
- Five practice pages are included for additional practice and possible homework.
- The spelling test can be taken by the students as a scavenger hunt using the purple cards or it can be given in the more traditional style. The final four cards are used to have students apply the spelling rule. It would be best to name the cards before beginning the activity. Four additional blank cards are included for differentiation.
The units that are contained in the bundle can be seen here: