All of my word study materials are based on the “Word Journeys” program by Kathy Ganske. If you are not familiar with the program, there are four stages of learning. With each stage, there are different features which focus on different aspects or rules of word study. Each feature is further broken up into different sorts to practice different variations of the feature rule.
The materials in this packet are for Sort 7 of Feature F in the Within Word stage. The focus of this feature is long vowels with a vCe pattern.
These materials include:
· Teacher Guide (lists the sort rules, the answer key, and the various activity directions)
· Word Sort List (large copy of words for student manipulation and a small copy to glue in notebooks)
· Two Ring Sort Activity Materials along with teacher directions and explanation
· Partner/Group Activity Materials
· Independent Activity Materials
I also have packets for the other 8 sorts in this feature or you can purchase all the sort materials in one bundle at a reduced cost. If you are interested in the individual sorts or the bundle, please see my product listings under Word Study – Within Word Stage, Feature F.