All of my word study materials are based on the “Word Journeys” program by Kathy Ganske. If you are not familiar with the program, there are four stages of learning. With each stage, there are different features which focus on different aspects or rules of word study. Each feature is further broken up into different sorts to practice different variations of the feature rule.
The focus of Feature G is R-controlled vowels. It is broken into two different components – short vowel patterns and long vowel patterns. The materials in this packet are for Short Vowel Patterns, Sort 4.
These materials include:
· Teacher Guide (lists the sort rules, the answer key, and the various activity directions)
· Word Sort List (large copy of words for student manipulation and a small copy to glue in notebooks)
· Two Ring Sort Activity Materials along with teacher directions and explanation
· Partner/Group Activity Materials
· Independent Activity Materials
I also have packets for the other four individual sorts in this feature. If you want all the sorts (or just those for the Short Vowel Patterns or Long Vowel Patterns components, you can purchase those as a bundle packet for a reduced cost. If you are interested in the other individual sorts or the bundles, please see my product listings under Word Study – Within Word Stage, Feature G.