I developed this Word Study with Poetry resource last year with my 3rd graders as I knew from previous years how precious my time was and wanted to fit everything in! This resource is PERFECT for the teacher who wants her students to develop fluency, become avid spellers, and best of all in-dependency! This resource can be adapted for multiple grade levels and I know you'll just love i!
Included in this packet:
1. An Overview and DETAILED explanation of how to use this program. (Some of this is included in Preview)
2. 22 Units with Poem that correlates to Pattern being studied. (1 included in Preview)
3. Teacher lists (with pretest, challenge words, regular list, and new applied words)
4. Student lists (challenge and regular spelling words)
5. Homework Packet (can be used for every unit) ( I included only the first page of the packet in preview)
6. Test Template (with pretest for following unit)
7. Word Sort Activity List
8. High Frequency Word List
** I used this FREE schedule
Working with My Poem
with this resource.
If you are looking for something to use with the primary grades please look at the unit I created for K-2 here:
Word Study Through Poetry Primary Edition
Please note: It is based on the Fountas and Pinnell Word Study Program and Beth Newingham from Scholastic Blogs. Download the free preview!I am selling my original work, which is the updated Teacher and Student Lists to incorporate words from the poem, Homework Packet with Poems, Word Sort Cards and Pattern Lists. The rest I have recreated to my needs and is free and is included. You can use any high frequency word list for your grade level but have included one from Beth Newinghams blog on Scholastic.com. I do not take credit for writing these poems and have listed the authors as I have found them.