After developing my first Word Study with Poetry resource I received a lot of feedback asking for a more primary edition. So here it is. I used this product during my private tutoring sessions with struggling readers and I saw so much growth!
This resource is PERFECT for the teacher who wants her students to develop fluency, become avid spellers, and best of all in-dependency! Yes, even in the primary grades it is possible for them to eventually do this on their own. This resource can be adapted for multiple grade levels and I know you'll just love i!
Included in this packet:
1. An Overview and DETAILED explanation of how to use this program. (Some of this is included in Preview)
2. Word Study Assessment Letter to Parents
3. Word Study Homework Explanation Letter to Parents
4. Word Study Tic-tac-toe Homework
5. Word Study Consent Letter to Parents
6. Test Template (with pretest for following unit)
7. 29 Units with Poem that correlates to Pattern being studied. (1 included in Preview)(ALL of these units different than those in my first edition.)
8. Teacher lists (with pretest, study words, high frequency sight words and sentences)
9. Take Home Student list (study words & sight words)
10. Homework (Word Sorts and Poem Work)
*Here is a link to my first edition used for more intermediate grades.
Word Study with Poetry Intermediate Edition
** I used this FREE schedule Working with My Poem with this resource.
Working with My Poem
Please note: It is based on the Fountas and Pinnell Word Study Program and Beth Newingham from Scholastic Blogs. Download the free preview!I am selling my original work, which is the updated Teacher and Student Lists to incorporate words from the poem, Homework Packet with Poems, Word Sort Cards and Pattern Lists. The rest I have recreated to my needs and is free and is included. You can use any high frequency word list for your grade level but have included one from Beth Newinghams blog on Scholastic.com. I do not take credit for writing these poems and have listed the authors as I have found them.