This product is a three day differentiated unit to help the student understand and decipher the meaning of literary tone.
The teacher, with the help of a PowerPoint, will help students accomplish the following objectives:
1. The student will explain an accurate understanding of the definition of literary tone.
2. The student will paraphrase the elements of the definition of literary tone.
3. The student will identify positive, negative, humorous, sorrowful, fearful, and neutral attitude tone words.
4. The student will learn a four step process to identify the tone of a literary excerpt.
5. The student will observe a teacher model of the four step process using a Tone Identifier Worksheet.
6. The student will practice the four step process using a Tone Identifier Worksheet.
Determine the meaning of words and phrases as they are used in a text, including figurative and connotative meanings; analyze the impact of specific word choices on meaning and tone, including analogies or allusions to other texts.