Help students level up their vocabulary
Word Up is a fun and interactive game that gets students thinking.
Word Up encourages noun acquisition through differentiated play. As nouns are mastered, students move to the next level of age appropriate nouns.
This game is differentiated to support beginning learners. Included are two sets of cards for each noun. One set has pictures to help support student comprehension of the word. After playing multiple times, the second set has only the words to ensure mastery of the nouns.
Level 1: Kindergarten (40 CARDS)
Level 2: 1st Grade (80 CARDS)
Level 3: 2nd Grade (80 CARDS)
Level 4: 3rd Grade(60 CARDS)
Level 5: 4th Grade(60 CARDS)
- Begin with the picture cards to support beginning learners. After they master the picture cards, give them the word cards to ensure they are reading the word.
- Divide the students into teams.
- Select one student from the team to guess. The student will take the cards and hold them up, facing their team. They should not see the cards.
- Set the timer for one minute.
- At the timer, students on their team should give them clues about the noun. They are free to give clues as long as they don’t say the word. If they say the word, the other team gets a point.
Potential clues could be:
Something that quacks.
Something that is yellow or that swims.
-For every correct answer the teams get a point. The team with the most points at the end of the game get a point.
Simply print on card stock or laminate to keep forever and cut on the thick black line and you are done!
Please click PREVIEW to get a closer look at the size of the cards and Level 1 for free!
Bri at Knowledge Mobile