This download includes the following activities for your students to use with your classroom's word wall:
* Secret Code - each letter has a corresponding shape/symbol. Students will write 10 word wall words in secret code.
* Staircase Writing - Students will write word wall words on grid paper. Example:
* How Much are Your Words Worth? Each letter is assigned a coin value. Students will figure out how much 5 of their word wall words are worth.
* Dial a Word - Students will use a telephone keypad to "dial" 5 of their word wall words.
* Vowel/Consonant - Students will write an equation for each word wall word based on values of vowels and consonants.
* Spinner (3 versions of same spinner - 2 color, 1 black and white) - Students will spin and follow the directions (i.e. Find a word that starts with a vowel.) A recording sheet is also included.