Make your word wall colorful with these colorful cloud pattern word wall headers and editable word cards!
Not sure how to edit an editable document? Click here
for some tips.
This download includes:
2 sets of Word Wall Header Cards
- one set includes beginning sound pictures (vowel cards have 2 pictures: one representing the short sound and one representing the long sound), the other set does not have pictures
- Large Alphabet Header Cards (2 to a page)
- Small Alphabet Header Cards (4 to a page)
- Small Digraph Sub-Header Cards (5 to a page)
Editable Word Cards
- type in the sight words you need
- 7 pages (8 cards to each page) of editable word cards with the colorful cloud border
- 8 pages (8 cards to each page) of editable word cards with a solid colored border
**I left these word cards blank so that you can type in the words you need (no more printing extra words that you don't need). You get to choose your own font and letter size for the sight words.
You decide which set of Word Wall Header Cards you want to use...large or small...beginning sound pictures or no pictures.
You also get to decide which Editable Word Cards you want to use...colorful cloud background, solid background, or a mixture...use all the colors or just a few.
Why did I include digraph sub-header cards?
My kindergarten kiddos always get confused when they are trying to find a word on our word wall that begins with a digraph. So I decided to make digraph sub-header cards that can be placed under the letter header card. Then when you introduce a word that begins with a digraph, you can place it under/beside the digraph sub-header to remind students that the word will begin with a different sound.
Beginning Sound Pictures
- these are the pictures that are included with the second set of header cards:
A - astronaut & acorn
B - ball
C - camera
D - dog
E - elephant & eagle
F - fish
G - girl
H - hippo
I - insect & ice cream
J - jellybeans
K - king
L - lock
M - mouse
N - necklace
O - otter & overalls
P - penguin
Q - queen
R - raccoon
S - sun
T - turtle
U - umpire & unicorn
V - vase
W - window
X - fox (I teach x as an ending sound)
Y - yarn
Z - zebra
ch - cherry
ph - photograph
sh - shell
th - thumb
wh - whale
to see my blog post about this word wall set if you want to see how I set everything up.
Check out my other set of word wall cards:
Crayon Scribble Word Wall Cards
For more classroom tips and fun, check out my blog Live Love Learn with Miss Kriss
Thanks for looking!