Word Wall with Kid Friendly Phonics
De-Stress your class with these word wall labels using two commonly known items for each beginning letter sound of the alphabet. No more frustration teaching what jacks are for the letter j or explaining why Xylophone is the picture for the /x/ sound.
Not just any word wall:
• Includes both short and long vowel sounds
• Hard and soft c & g
• Cards may be used with any list of sight words. Download my free word wall words (Fry List) made to fit a business card size magnet.
• A-Z cards fit on a standard classroom chalkboard. Each card measures approx. 7”wide by 3”
• Also included: Digraphs: sh, wh, ch, th, st, Suffix: _ing, _s, _es, _ed, _ck, _y, Beginning L Blends: sl, pl, bl, cl, fl, Silent e: cvc_e, Vowel Team: oo, ee, ea, ai, oa.
Tips for use:
• Use at the bottom edge of the chalkboard instead of the top. This makes it easy for students to see and find words during writing time.
• Print a second copy of word wall headers to use as flash cards during small group.
• Let students use all parts of the word wall as a resource in the classroom.