"Abracadabra! Taking $3 off."
Be sure & check the PREVIEW
for sample pages of some of the amazing goodies in the packet.
Help make learning sight words
, a lot more fun with this unique and interesting "Wizard of Words" packet.
Perfect for the beginning of the year
to launch excitement for word work, or use towards the end of the year
to reignite enthusiasm, so you can review and reinforce one more time.
These hands-on, engaging
and fun resources incorporate ALL of the Dolch words
for each of the 5 lists.
Use them for a whole-group review game, centers, early finishers, small groups, homework, Daily 5
So that no one is frustrated or bored, you choose the words students work on, which will target diversity
; allowing you to have multiple-level students working on the same activity, and following the same directions, while each child learns at their own speed and level
Students feel empowered
, while independence and self-esteem grows, freeing up the teacher.
This packet is targeted for the Dolch word lists, but because I’ve included blank templates
, you can program them for other word-wall sight words, CVC words, word family words, spelling words
These resources work perfectly with the Word Whiz
packet, the Magic Mirror
packet and the Feed the Wizard
Click on the link to see all of the Wizard Word Work activities
The Packet Includes:
* A “Whiz with Words” anchor chart pledge.
* A "Please do not disturb" poster.
* 6 large “brag badges” for motivation, incentives, or something to give out as a “prize” for the games.
* A “We’re Off To Be Word Wizards” song poster. (2 choices)
* Boy and girl mini song strips to glue in their Word Wizard notebooks.
* “Cast and break the spell” paper word-wand craftivity, with bookmark-sized worksheets. This is a student-made activity, with starter samples.
* “Mixer-Fixer” scrambled word bookmark fun. This is also a student-made activity, along with starter samples.
* Encouragement Compliment Cards (Always nice, but especially appropriate if you are a “Bucket-Filling” school.
* “Hats Off To Wonderful Word Work!” Wizard hat word-booklet with star sticker incentives. (A hat for each of the 5 Dolch word lists.)
* Traceable word cards for all of the words on all 5 Dolch word lists. (These are the “hat band” pages.)
* Word Wizard “Wall of Fame” Posters. (4 choices).
* Letter home to parents from the teacher.
* Letter home to parents from their child. (Not only keeps parents informed, but it’s another way for kiddos to write those words!)
* "Word Whiz" wand craft. (A teacher’s pattern, plus one for students to make to use as a pointer.)
" A Yippity Skippity Ziggity Zoo! I Know These Words. How About You?" (Game with poster.)
* 6 cover options for a Word Wizard Notebook.
* “Working on Word Work” wizard bookmarks with a list of words for each list. (Pre primer-3rd grade). (Use for practice, games, or a quick, easy & fun way to assess.)
* “Behind the Curtain” wonderful word wizard booklet.
* 10 different sets of “Working on these words” bookmarks. (With a sample to share).
* Peek-over “Watch for these words” (Help with “toughies”) bookmark.
* A “Word Wizard Wand” worksheet, with a completed sample to share.
* “Turn to Learn” word whiz worksheet
* “Zap” word wand motivational “craftivity”
* A one-page poster of each list in alphabetical order.
* A one-page alphabetical list of all 220 Dolch words.
* A one-page list showing the order of frequency for each list.
* A one-page list showing all 220 Dolch words in order by frequency.
* A one-page alphabetical list of all of the Dolch nouns.
* Teacher reference bookmarks for each word list. (Alphabetical & by frequency.)
* Student reference bookmarks (alphabetical & by frequency)
* A “Word Wizard I Spy” filled-in and blank worksheet. (Quick, easy & fun game for whole-group assessing.)
* A list of 82 “Word Wizard Word Wall” activities. (From simple to artsy, including an entire page of wacky.)
If you’re going to practice words, you may as well make it edu-taining!)
* Student-led whole-class recording charts for your word wall words.
* Blank and filled in assessment sheets for each list of words, (Some of the bookmarks are perfect for assessing too.)
* 5 different brag badges (Make into award ribbons, or a necklace)
* 2-on-a page “You’re an awesome whiz with words!” certificate of praise.
* Detailed directions, samples and photographs.
For more Word Work activities click the link
I’m Diane from Teach With Me. I hope this packet brings a touch of magic and a whole lot of fun to your classroom.
Come join the fun on Facebook for my exclusive FREEBIES & Monthly Giveaways
Check out my educational Pinterest boards
Don’t forget that all my new products are 40% off for 48 hours
. Click the green star button
to follow my shop & you’ll be notified of these huge savings.