Word Wizards - get your wands ready. Soon you will be a master magician of blends, digraphs, long vowels and more!!
Students use their magic wand, and change THIS word to THAT by by adding, altering or removing letters in the words!
There are 7 groups with 138 words in all - choose the group that you need.
• Let’s Begin – add a letter at the beginning to make a new word and master your blends and digraphs – 30 new words are waiting for you.
• Stealthy E – add an E at the end and change the vowel sound – you get to make 18 new words.
• End Zone – add a letter (other than E) at the end and make 12 new words.
• Disappearing Letter – the trick is to take away one letter- don’t worry, you will get 18 tries.
• Letter Trade – trade one letter and make a new word – 18 new words are waiting for you.
• Pop In – you will need to pop/add in a letter somewhere in the word – you get to try it 18 times.
• Presto Chango – practice all your skills, add one or more letter, or take away one, or perhaps trade one. Try to make 24 new words.
Answer key for each group is at the end of that group.
This is a great activity for independent work, or take home work.
Students will get lots of chances to practice spelling their words, and will master their blends, digraphs, long vowels etc.
You might also like the first product in the Word Wizard Series:
Word Wizard - This To That for CVC Words