Word Work Activities | Long Vowels CVCe Vowel Teams Word Study | Words Their Way
What educators are saying
Also included in
- Word Work lessons and centers: DONE! Everything you need for the entire year of word work lessons and word work activities is included in this huge Word Work Bundle. This bundle includes over 1000 pages of word work resources, including 60 lessons, word lists, word work activities for whole class,Price $43.50Original Price $58.50Save $15.00
Get everything you need for teaching and practicing long vowels, CVCe words, and vowel teams with these NO PREP word work activities. This packed word study resource puts 20 word study lessons and over 350 pages of word work activities right at your fingertips. This Long Vowel CVCe Word Work Activities packet includes word lists, picture sorts, word sorts, engaging word work activities, editable spelling homework, and assessments. Everything you need for whole class or small group instruction and centers is included. This resource is perfect to use with any word work, phonics, or Words Their Way™ program. Differentiating word work activities to meet your students' needs just got easier! View the Preview file to see what is included in this download.
❤️ TRY IT OUT FOR FREE! Grab the free Word Study Activities for Digraph "-ng". ❤️
⭐⭐ Save money by purchasing this product as part of the Word Study Activities Bundle with over 60 lessons to choose from! ⭐⭐
Word Work Activities for Long Vowels CVCe Word Study includes:
• One ZIP file download with 3 Folders and 1 PDF
- One PDF file (Long Vowels Edition Word Work)
- Folder: 1 PDF and 1 PPT with Editable Parent Letters
- Folder: 2 PDFs with Editable Spelling Homework (2 Versions)
- Folder: Editable PDF and PPT with Teacher Notebook Binder Covers, Dividers, & Spines (3 Color / Design Options)
- Table of Contents (with clickable links to pages in the PDF)
- Detailed information for each of the word work activities
- Ideas for Organization
- Suggested Materials
- Teaching Tips for the Lessons
- First Grade Standards covered in this long vowels, CVCe, and vowel teams word study
- Teacher Notebook dividers and binder covers
- 20 word study lessons for Early to Middle Within Words stages
- 20 Picture Sound sort activities (teacher and student sets)
- 20 Stamp It! Worksheets (great for centers)
- 20 word sort activities
- 20 Read and Write the Room worksheets
- 20 Assessments/ “Word Study Checks” (spelling tests) including dictation sentences to check for application in writing (Word Lists, Dictation Sentences, & Bonus Words are all editable)
- A “Parent Copy” bank/ list of words for each spelling pattern
- A “Teacher Copy” bank/ list of words for each spelling pattern
- A list of word work activities to choose from for each spelling pattern
- A list of letter tiles needed for each spelling pattern (for word building)
- One “Word Detective” open ended, editable worksheet for any pattern
- Phonics Flash Cards corresponding to each lesson
- Letter tile printable masters (teacher and student sets) and suggestions for use (multiple options to choose from in both ZB and DN style handwriting)
- Printable assessment sheet (several versions to choose from)
This resource is designed to provide ongoing word study (and spelling) instruction throughout the school year. It begins with CVCe words in the early Within Word stage and moves through vowel teams and other long vowels in the middle Within Word Stage. These lessons will provide a stable foundation for your students while saving your time and sanity when it comes to planning your word study for the year!
The word work activities within this product nicely compliment the Words Their Way™ program developed by Donald R. Bear, Marcia Invernizzi, Shane Templeton, and Francine Johnston (4th edition). Which lesson you begin with and the length of study for each pattern must be determined by your students’ needs. Spelling inventories for initial assessment can be found in Words Their Way™. I have found this book to be an extremely valuable resource. Please see the Preview above for a more detailed look at what these word work activities include!
Word Work Activities for the following patterns are covered in this product:
- Short /a/ vs. Long /a-e/
- Short /i/ vs. Long /i-e/
- REVIEW Short /a/ /i/ Long /a-e/ /i-e/
- Long /o-e/
- Short /u/ vs. Long /u-e/
- REVIEW CVCe /a-e/ /i-e/ /o-e/ /u-e/
- Final /k/ with Short & Long Vowels
- Digraphs with Short & Long Vowels
- Short /a/ vs. Long /a-e/ /ai/
- Long /a-e/ /ai/ /ay/
- Short /e/ vs. Long /ee/ /ea/
- Short /o/ vs. Long /o-e/ /oa/
- REVIEW /ea/ /oa/ /ai/
- Long /o-e/ /oa/ /ow/
- Short /u/ vs. Long /u-e/ /ui/
- Long /u-e/ /ui/ /ew/ /oo/
- REVIEW Long /ai/ /oa/ /ui/ /oo/ /ea/
- Short /i/ vs. Long /i-e/ /igh/
- Long /i-e/ /igh/ /y/
- Long Vowels (VCC) /ol/ /il/ /in/
⭐Here's what teachers are saying:
- "Everything I needed in one pack. I have the books by Words Their Way but these activities were more colorful and engaging."
- "I can't wait to print and make my WTW long vowel binder! Thank you for the picture cards. No more hunting clip art for picture sorts! It is all already there. This is going to save me so much time. I am required to use WTW and having these resources ready to print is awesome! I am using the CVC activities from the short vowel bundle and can not wait to use the activities for my students moving to early within word and mid within word stage. You have done great work! Thank you!! "
- "Awesome quality, easy to use."
Your feedback is greatly appreciated! Please leave feedback and earn TPT credits. Thank you in advance for taking the time to provide feedback! Your feedback will help other buyers and will help me with future products.
❤️Perks of being a TpT store “Follower”
I love my followers! All new resources are offered at a deeply discounted price when first added to Fun Times in First. By following Fun Times in First, you will receive a notification when new resources are added. *Simply click here to follow.* Thanks a bunch for your support!
Thank you so much for visiting Fun Times in First!
Copyright ©Fun Times Teaching LLC/ Nancy Brown/ Fun Times in First. All rights reserved by author. Permission to copy for single classroom use only. Please purchase additional licenses if you intend to share this product. Redistributing, editing, selling, or posting this item on the internet is strictly prohibited. Violations are subject to the penalties of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act.