Also included in
- Word Mats BUNDLE ~ Daily Language Practice and Language Review for the Whole Year include 20 printable and digital ELA worksheets for 10 months of the school year. Great for small group instruction, literacy centers, homework, and morning work. These activities cover different language arts skills a$39.00$50.00Save $11.00
Word Mats ~ Daily Language Arts Practice for December (Winter Holidays and Christmas themed) includes 20 printable and digital ELA worksheets. Great for small group instruction, literacy centers, homework, and morning work. These winter activities cover different language arts skills and standards for students to practice and review.
This resource is comprehensive and provides spiral ELA practice. Questions and activities to review phonics, sentences, punctuation, rhyming words, sight words, printing, grammar, vocabulary, nouns, verbs, adjectives, and more!
Buy the bundle and SAVE $9 (2 packs for FREE)! This BUNDLE is a collection of my monthly Word Mat resources. Each pack is now included!
View the detailed previews and images included! Watch the video preview to see the printable Word Mats in action!
3 RESOURCES IN 1:
- PDF or PPT - Just open the PDF file and print!
- GOOGLE SLIDES - Assign each activity in Google Slides, which includes interactive pieces to move and text boxes to fill in.
- INTERACTIVE POWERPOINT FILE - Use this interactive file securely in Microsoft Teams or on a SMARTboard.
- SEESAW - Add an activity to Seesaw with the included images!
4 ways to use Word Mats in your classroom!
1. Print Word Mats on cardstock, laminate, and use with whiteboard markers!
2. Shrink and print Word Mats and use in your interactive notebooks!
3. Copy Word Mats back to back with the cover page to create a booklet!
4. Copy and put into a folder. Use for morning work or fast finishers!
The skills covered in Word Mats include:
- Rhyming Words - Word Families
- Sight Words
- Vowel Teams
- Final -e
- Letter Sounds - initial/medial/endings
- Vowels (short & long)
- Root Words
- Compound Words
The activities align with the Common Core standards for first grade. This is ideal for first grade, but could also be used for a challenge in Kindergarten and for extra practice/as review for second grade.
Additional pages are provided for Canadian users which include Canadian spelling.
More Word Mats HERE:
Check out every month of Word Mats HERE!
Each month will be released the month before. For example, January will be available in December, in order to allow time for preparation.
Stay connected with Proud to be Primary
♥Click HERE to follow our store and receive notifications of new product releases, sales, and freebies.
♥Join our email list and get weekly teacher tip emails and access to our FREE resource library.
♥Visit our website at Proud to be Primary for tons of engaging ideas for teaching kids in the classroom!
♥Join our Facebook group and connect with thousands PROUD primary teachers like yourself.
Questions, suggestions, and feedback are always welcome.
Just use the “Product Q&A” tab and I will get back to you as fast as I can!
Please ask all questions before purchasing or email me at email@example.com.
©2013 to Present - Proud to be Primary - Elyse Rycroft