Word Work Activities for March
It is hard to students in word work centers that are also ! These word work activities are highly engaging, rigorous, and low prep activities that can be used in centers or in daily review!
There are 10 activities! 5 can be used with any spelling or vocabulary words! The other five activities focus on a skill!
Why will these activities help your students grow and make you happy?
- Many of these activities include engaging ideas and things students are interested in. Students will love practicing their words.
- Students are able to choose a way to practice words in ways that interest them! Also, teachers have choices and new ideas for ways to practice words!
- There are many activities that will make students think deeply about the words!
- All you have to do is print and go!
What is included?
1. Basketball Words- Students will shoot a basketball in order to practice spelling or defining their words in different ways.
2. Write a Tune- Students will create a song with their spelling or vocabulary words.
3. Sticky Peanut Butter- Students will play a board game to practice their words.
4. Make a Holiday- Students will create their own holiday using vocabulary and spelling words.
5. Write a book- Students will plan and create a book using their words.
6. Rainbow Shades of Meaning- Students will be working through shades of meaning for interesting words.
7. Zoo Animal Sentences- Students will be creating a zoo mural by editing sentences.
8. Popcorn Part of Speech- Students will be practicing sentence editing which reviews many skills.
9. Leprechaun Quotes- Students will work on literal and nonliteral language.
10. Women's History Month Quotations- Students will be working on quotations and commas.
Everything is provided in color or black and white!
By clicking this link you can follow along with The Friendly Teacher! You will get to know when a new product is posted, which is 50% off for the first 24 hours!
Want centers for the whole year?!
Other AMAZING products you might need:
St. Patrick's Day Book Companion
St. Patrick's Reading Challenge
March Madness Reading Challenge
>>Head here to read about how to run word work in upper elementary reading centers!<<
The Friendly Teacher