Word Work Activities for Short Vowels CVC Blends & Digraphs - Word Study
What educators are saying
Also included in
- Word Work lessons and centers: DONE! Everything you need for the entire year of word work lessons and word work activities is included in this huge Word Work Bundle. This bundle includes over 1000 pages of word study resources, including 60 lessons, word lists, word work activities for whole class,Price $35.00Original Price $45.00Save $10.00
Are you pressed for time? If so, save time and get everything you need for helping your students practice words spelled with CVC, blends, and digraphs with these LOW PREP word work activities! These 20 word work lessons include over 400 pages of word lists, picture sorts, word sorts, engaging word work activities, editable spelling homework, and assessments that focus on CVC words plus blends and digraphs with short vowels. This resource is perfect to use with any word work, word study, phonics, or with the Words Their Way™ program. Differentiating word work activities to meet your students' needs just got easier! Please see the Preview above for a more detailed look at what these word work activities include!
❤️ TRY IT OUT FOR FREE! Grab the free . ❤️
⭐⭐ Save money by purchasing this product as part of the with over 60 lessons to choose from! ⭐⭐
Word Work Activities for Short Vowels, Blends and Digraphs Word Study includes:
- One ZIP file download with 3 Folders and 1 PDF
- One PDF file (Short Vowels Edition Word Work)
- Folder 1: 1 PDF and 1 PPT with Editable Parent Letters
- Folder 2: 2 PDFs with Editable Spelling Homework (2 Versions)
- Folder 3: Editable PDF and PPT with Teacher Notebook Binder Covers, Dividers, & Spines (3 Color / Design Options)
- Table of Contents (with clickable links to pages in the PDF)
- Detailed information for each of the word work activities
- Ideas for Organization
- Suggested Materials
- Teaching Tips for the Lessons
- First Grade Standards covered in this short vowels, blends and digraphs word study
- 20 word study lessons for Middle to Late Letter Name-Alphabetic learners
- 20 Picture Sound sort activities (teacher and student sets)
- 20 Stamp It! Worksheets (great for word work or literacy centers)
- 20 word sort activities
- 20 Word Hunt worksheets
- 20 Assessments/ “Word Study Checks” (spelling tests) including dictation sentences to check for application in writing (Word Lists, Dictation Sentences, & Bonus Words are all editable)
- A “Parent Copy” bank/ list of words for each spelling pattern
- A “Teacher Copy” bank/ list of words for each spelling pattern
- A list of word work activities to choose from for each spelling pattern
- A list of letter tiles needed for each spelling pattern (for word building)
- One “Word Detective” open ended worksheet for any pattern
- Phonics Flash Cards corresponding to each lesson
- Letter tile printable masters (teacher and student sets) and suggestions for use (multiple options to choose from in both ZB and DN style handwriting)
- Printable assessment sheets (several versions to choose from)
This resource is designed to provide ongoing word study (and spelling) instruction throughout the school year. It begins with CVC words in the Letter Name- Alphabetic stage of learning and moves through blends and digraphs with short vowels. These lessons will provide a stable foundation for your students while saving your time and sanity when it comes to planning your word study for the year!
The word work activities within this product nicely complement the Words Their Way™ program developed by Donald R. Bear, Marcia Invernizzi, Shane Templeton, and Francine Johnston (4th edition). Which lesson you begin with and the length of study for each pattern must be determined by your students’ needs. Spelling inventories for initial assessment can be found in Words Their Way™. I have found this book to be an extremely valuable resource.
Word Work Activities for the following patterns are covered in this product:
- Short /a/
- Short /a/ /i/
- Short /a/ /e/ /i/
- Short /a/ /i/ /e/ /o/
- Short /a/ /i/ /e/ /o/ /u/
- Digraph Final /ck/
- Digraph /sh/
- Digraph /th/
- Digraph /ch/
- Digraph /wh/
- Digraphs /wh/ and /ph/
- REVIEW Digraphs /sh/ /th/ /ch/ /wh/
- Digraphs /ch/ /th/ (additional if needed)
- Digraphs /sh/ /wh/ (additional if needed)
- “L” Blends /bl/ /cl/ /fl/
- “L” Blends /gl/ /pl/ /sl/
- “R” Blends /br/ /cr/ /dr/ /fr/
- “R” Blends /gr/ /pr/ /tr/
- “S” Blends /sc/ /sk/ /sl/ /sm/
- “S” Blends /sn/ /sp/ /st/ /sw/
- FLOSS Rule: -ff, -ll, -ss, -zz
⭐Here's what teachers are saying:
- "Everything I needed in one pack. I have the books by Words Their Way but these activities were more colorful and engaging."
- "This bundle has saved me SO MUCH TIME at the beginning of this year. The overview and how-to for the activities were extremely helpful. I am able to differentiate lessons without hassle, and with the variety of activities my students are not bored with the same things while doing their word work. "
- "Awesome quality, easy to use."
Your feedback is greatly appreciated! Please leave feedback and earn TPT credits. Thank you in advance for taking the time to provide feedback! Your feedback will help other buyers and will help me with future products.
❤️Perks of being a TpT store “Follower”
I love my followers! All new resources are offered at a deeply discounted price when first added to Fun Times in First. By following Fun Times in First, you will receive a notification when new resources are added. Thanks a bunch for your support!
Thank you so much for visiting Fun Times in First!
Copyright ©Fun Times Teaching LLC/ Nancy Brown/ Fun Times in First. All rights reserved by author. Permission to copy for single classroom use only. Please purchase additional licenses if you intend to share this product. Redistributing, editing, selling, or posting this item on the internet is strictly prohibited. Violations are subject to the penalties of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act.