Word Work Activities with CVC words Digraphs Blends
Are your kiddos working on blending words together? This resource is full of literacy practice to get your kids practicing cvc words as well as blends. Most of the activities included have the option of color or has a blackline version included.
Your students will love using these in reading small group, literacy centers or for a I'm done activity. These are easy to prep and put out in centers.
- Blend cards - Fill in the missing blend
- Letter Chomp - Match the upper and lowercase letters with the picture sound card
- Clip It Task Cards - digraphs, short vowels, and rhyming cards
- Sound Substitution - I Have, Who Has Style
- Sentence Scramble - Full Sentence, Sentence Parts and Picture
- Spin and Cover/Spin and Color - Blends
- Pair It - Match cvc words to the picture (with 5 recording sheets to work on either the whole word or missing beginning/middle/end
- Spin and Write - Spin a word and use it in a sentence
Practice essential literacy skills with these centers. Add them to morning tubs for morning work or into your reading center rotations. No matter how you use them, they are the perfect practice for phonics skills.