This unit includes over five center activities to celebrate and enjoy the spooky Halloween holiday!
- Making Words (2-9+ letter words)
- Word Search (uses most of the vocabulary words)
- Parts of Speech Sort (sorting 36 Halloween-themed words into nouns, verbs, or adjectives)
- ABC Order (organizing 36 Halloween-themed words into alphabetical order)
- Syllable Sort (sorting 36 Halloween-themed words into 1-3 syllables)
- Publishing Paper (for centers who finish early, included paper can be used to use the word(s) in a spooky story, poem, descriptive piece, etc.)
- 36 Halloween-themed word cards
Great to practice a wide range of word work during the month of October.
This unit addresses the following 3rd Grade Common Core State Standards:
- CCSS.ELA-Literacy.L.3 Demonstrate command of the conventions of standard English grammar and usage when writing or speaking.
*Use this pack in conjunction with my Pick 3 Pack: Word Work Skill Practice
(available at http://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/Pick-3-Pack-Word-Work-Skill-Practice-994193
) for even more CCSS-aligned Word Work activities!
For more information, visit my blog: 3rd Grade Thoughts
Thanks and enjoy!