This unit includes over four center activities to celebrate St. Patrick's Day.
- Making Words (2-9+ letter words)
- Word Search (including most of the vocabulary words)
- Parts of Speech Sort (sorting 36 St. Patrick's Day-themed words into nouns, verbs, or adjectives)
- ABC Order (organizing 36 St. Patrick's Day-themed words into alphabetical order)
- Syllable Sort (sorting 36 St. Patrick's Day-themed words into 1-3 syllables)
- Publishing Paper (for centers who finish early, included paper can be used to use the word(s) in a story, poem, how-to, limerick, etc.)
- 36 St. Patrick's Day-themed word cards
Great to practice a wide range of word work during the month of March.
This unit addresses the following 3rd Grade Common Core State Standards:
- CCSS.ELA-Literacy.L.3 Demonstrate command of the conventions of standard English grammar and usage when writing or speaking.
*Use this pack in conjunction with my Pick 3 Pack: Word Work Skill Practice
(available at http://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/Pick-3-Pack-Word-Work-Skill-Practice-994193
) for even more CCSS-aligned Word Work activities!
For more information, visit my blog: 3rd Grade Thoughts
Thanks and enjoy!