This unit includes several center activities to help celebrate Thanksgiving in your classroom.
- Making Words (3 sheets with a variety of letter word combinations)
- Word Search (including most of the vocabulary)
- Matching Thanksgiving Cause & Effect (includes 16 cause & effect cards, 2 header cards with mini-definitions to help, and recording sheet)
- Parts of Speech Sort (sorting 36 Thanksgiving vocabulary words into nouns, verbs, or adjectives)
- Syllable Sort (sorting 36 Thanksgiving vocabulary words into number of syllables)
- ABC Order (organizing 36 Thanksgiving vocabulary words into alphabetical order, key included)
- Publishing Paper (for centers who finish early, included paper can be used to use the word(s) in a story, poem, how-to, etc.)
- 36 full-color Thanksgiving vocabulary word cards
Great to practice a wide range of word work while celebrating Thanksgiving traditions!
Note: This packet focuses on present-day celebrations, not on the history of Thanksgiving.
This unit addresses the following 3rd Grade Common Core State Standards:
- CCSS.ELA-Literacy.L.3 Demonstrate command of the conventions of standard English grammar and usage when writing or speaking.
*Use this pack in conjunction with my Pick 3 Pack: Word Work Skill Practice
(available at http://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/Pick-3-Pack-Word-Work-Skill-Practice-994193
) for even more CCSS-aligned Word Work activities!
For more information, visit my blog: 3rd Grade Thoughts
Thanks and enjoy!