This includes a visual model and written explanation of students' weekly expectations for Words Their Way throughout the week. I typically hand both of these out at the beginning of the year and have them tape them inside the journal where they do their word work. The visual model and written explanation is written for Monday through Friday.
I hope you find it as helpful as I do!
Here is an example of the written explanation part of the product:
• Practice a speed sort – time yourself or compete with a friend
• Complete the activity page in your Word Study Notebook that goes with the sort for the week
• Quietly say each word to yourself as you sort them once again
• Add other words you know that follow the sort categories
• When finished, place all words in envelope in back of Word Study Notebook
Please rate me and "like" my store if you liked this product : )