Here is another word work game that is perfect for small groups and partners to play during Word Work. Students will practice spelling strategies, develop sound-symbol awareness and apply knowledge of word patterns. Using a familiar game such as Monopoly encourages all children to participate.
This game follows most of the original Monopoly instructions which makes it easy for kids to learn and become independent players. Kid-friendly how to play directions as well as teacher tips on how to make the game are provided. Monopoly Jr. game board is required to make this game.
I have included:
1. 22 Initial Consonant Blend wordlists (bl, br, cl, cr, dr, fl, fr, gl, gr, pl, pr, sc, scr, sl, spl, sp, spr, st, str, squ, sw, tr, tw)
• Words are colour coded (easy to challenging). Students can say or spell the word following the pattern on the game board.
2. Word Building cheat sheets: word families and word endings
• Beginning learners can build words with blends and word families.
3. Collect Allowance "free" word cards
4. Differentiated playing options encourage all children to be successful building words.
Canadian and American spelling included as necessary. Print accordingly.
Visit me at: www.myideafile.blogspot.com for more ideas.