Support your LOWER elementary students as they work with words to practice spelling, word patterns and vocabulary during Word Work. Younger students need guidance and consistent reminders of expected behavior. This sort reinforces the habits strong readers and writers do during Word Work and those that distract from learning. Appropriate to use with any Reading Workshop or Daily 5 classroom. This two-page cut and glue activity comes in two formats - large and small - and can be used several ways in your K-3 classroom:
• With beginning readers, use as a whole group activity on chart paper as an introduction to how to work with materials in the Word Work station.
• With emerging readers, use in small groups to re-establish habits and expectations.
• With independent readers, offer support as needed to remind of expectations.
You may also be interested in these other LOWER elementary Daily 5 Habit Sorts:
Read to Self Habit Sort LOWER elementary version
Read with Someone Habit Sort LOWER elementary version
Listen to Reading Habit Sort LOWER elementary version
Word Work Habit Sort LOWER elementary version
Work on Writing Habit Sort LOWER elementary version
OR SAVE MONEY when you buy all five in this Daily 5 Habit Sort BUNDLE LOWER Elementary
Daily 5 Habit Sort BUNDLE LOWER Elementary
Morning Meeting Greetings, Activities and Songs BUNDLE
Follow me to get notices on sales, freebies and new products:
• Look for the green star near the top of any page within my store and click it to become a follower. You will then receive customized email updates about this store.
• Go to your My Purchases page (you may need to login). Beside each purchase click on the Provide Feedback button. You'll be taken to a page where you can give a rating and leave a short comment about the product. I value your feedback.