Do your students need extra practice with middle sounds? These printable short vowel picture sorts will give them the extra practice they need! These are 2-way sorts, and every vowel combination is included. There are also single letter sorts included as well (a/not a).
These printable short vowel sorts are easy on ink, as they are completely in black and white. They are easy to copy for your students. You can use them for assessments, whole class activities, or use them for literacy centers. They make great homework activities. You can choose different sorts to differentiate for your students. Both single page sorts and a 2 page sort (sorting sheet on one page and pictures on the other) are included.
Sound sorts are a great way to help your students hear sounds and show what they know!
Check out my other sound sorts as well:
Beginning Sound Phoneme Isolation Sorts
- includes b, c, d, f, g, h, j, l, m, n, p, s, t. This resource includes a variety of beginning sound sorts, and includes some voiced/unvoiced sorts as well.
Ending Sound Phoneme Isolation Sorts
- n, p, t, g, b, d, m, l, k and s. This resource includes a variety of ending sound sorts, and includes some voiced/unvoiced sorts as well.
Consonant Digraph Phoneme Isolation Sorts
- includes th, sh, ch, ph, wh, wr, kn, and ending ph, sh, th, ch, and ck. There are also sorts that include beginning and ending sound sorts for the same sort, such as begins with sh and ends with sh.
Concepts of Print and Print Awareness Printable Sorting Activities
- includes letter/word sorts, capital letter/lowercase letter sorts, letter/word/sentence sorts, picture/word sorts, and number/letter sorts. There are 5 of each sort included.
Beginning Blends Phoneme Isolation Sorts
- includes 58 beginning blends sorts featuring s-blends, r-blends, and l-blends.
All my sound sorts are also available in a money-saving bundle