This set of papers is great for doing weekly with your students to build their phonemic awareness, ability to write known high frequency words, multi-syllabic words and practice hearing and recording sounds.
Kindergarten: I would refrain from using these until after winter break. This could be used earlier in the year in small groups with children who are ready for this level of instruction. My students really love to work with these pages. These are a great tool for me to obtain information for future instruction.
First and Second Grade: This tool can be used for small and large group review; a great intervention instruction tool.
• I plan for 20-30 block when using one of these pages.
• Can be used to reinforce a focus on beginning, middle, or ending sounds; blends; word families...and more!
• Use it for small group instruction or large group.
• If using to show academic progress, understanding and/or retention, use the same set of words multiple times.
• I use both real and nonsense words (however, I do let the students know that I will be using both).
Enjoy! Jules Gems for K