Many students come to middle school without the vocabulary, word recognition, decoding, and spelling skills required to be successful in middle school and beyond – especially English language learners. For that reason, I put together these Word Work activities. Depending how you use them and how often, this set of 20 activities can last you months.
This set features activities focused on:
* Roots & affixes
* Synonyms & antonyms
* Parts of speech
* Alphabetical order
& much more!
* 20 hands-on Word Work activities with clear instructions and visuals for students
* Sheet of cut-outs for each activity with instructions for the teacher
* Answer keys where needed
Options for Use:
* Attach activity sheets to file folders for simple folder games
* Laminate all pieces for durability
* Use as literacy centers or station rotations
* Use for interventions
PART 2 is now available!
Word Work 2 Stations for Middle School ELA