Also included in
- Are you looking for some activities and resources to begin the school year? Are you also looking for some resources to use throughout the school year? Some of the resources are geared toward the beginning of the year and some can be used throughout the entire year. The purpose of this Back to School$199.00$255.75Save $56.75
The intention of this detective activity is to have students think about words and the letter combinations that make up words. The word work task cards can be tied into the CCSS as well. Watch as your students become detectives to try to figure out the word!
Included in Resource:
- Word Detective Teacher Tips (1-page)
- Word Detective Challenge Cards (26-pages; 50 cards)
- Word Detective Challenge Hint Cards (26-pages; 50 cards)
- Word Detective Recording Sheet (1-page)
- Word Detective Answer Key (1-page)
- Word Detective Certificates (1-page; 2 per page)
There are 50 “Challenge” cards included. The cards work best if they are printed off on a heavier paper and then laminated. The cards can also be bound together for a station or they can be stacked loosely also- whatever works best for you. Each card contains four pictures. Students are to look at the pictures and decide what they have in common. The letters to choose from are listed towards the bottom of each card. For most cards, not all 11 letters will be used. The number of letters in the word is also located at the very bottom of each card.
Download our preview for more details.
Copyright ©Wise Guys. All rights reserved by author. Copying for more than one teacher, classroom, department, school, or school system is prohibited. This product may not be distributed or displayed digitally for public view. Failure to comply is a copyright infringement and a violation of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA). Clip art and elements found in this PDF are copyrighted and cannot be extracted and used outside of this file without permission or license. Intended for classroom or personal use ONLY.