After introducing the activities on my Word Work Week poster, I began to notice that students repeatedly chose the same activities throughout the weeks to practice their spelling words or word work. So I created this checklist to help students vary their spelling practice methods. On Tues/Weds/Thurs, they must choose different Word Work activities for the next three weeks, and mark them off on this checklist.
* Monday is ALWAYS the day in which the words are cut, sorted into the given categories, and written. Therefore it is not on the checklist.
* Tuesday lists Word Writing activity choices
* Wednesday gives Word Meaning activities
* Thursday shows Word Sorting activities
* Friday is ALWAYS the day upon which the words are tested. Therefore it is not on the checklist.
This checklist is a wonderful tool for independent student Word Work and spelling practice! It also matches up with my Word Work Week Poster Set, which is available from http://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/Word-Work-Week-Daily-5-Word-Work-Words-Their-Way-or-Spelling-Word-Practice