Word Work and Work on Writing for Upper Elementary and Middle School includes everything you need to implement Word Work and Working on Writing in upper elementary and middle school classrooms! Daily 5 resources for upper elementary and middle school can be difficult to find as many Daily 5 resources are created for primary grades. After several years of experience using Daily 5 (or Daily 3 as we refer to it in my classroom), I have put together all of my upper elementary and middle school strategies, activity ideas, posters, and resources to use with Word Work and Work on Writing stations!
Whether it is your first time using Daily 5 or you have been doing it for years and need new ideas, these materials will save you time and your students will have fun reading and writing. Everything provided will navigate you through an entire school year using Daily 5 and can be reused from year to year.
Included in this Word Work and Work on Writing set you will find:
- More than 10 pages of teacher tips and ideas for making Daily 5 work in upper elementary and middle school. This includes classroom setup, management, procedures, and information about resources your students will love.
- 24 Word Work activity task cards. Print and laminate these cards and you will have all the Word Work activities you need to last the entire year. The purpose of these activities is to help upper elementary and middle school students expand their vocabularies and work on spelling.
- 9 posters to hang in your Word Work and Work on Writing stations with commonly asked questions, expectations, and goals. These posters also provide the activity options for the Work on Writing station. Hang these and your students will never need to interrupt you to ask questions when you are working with other students.
- Any needed worksheets are provided to go with your Word Work station. Instructions and pictures are also provided to help you inexpensively create items needed for certain activities.
- Editable templates for Word Work posters, Word Work task cards, and Work on Writing posters. Create your own activity task cards and posters to go with the ones included in this resource!
I am often asked to share how I use Daily 5 with other teachers throughout my district. My reading and writing class works like a well oiled machine using these procedures, ideas, and activities. Students enjoy the activities so much that they do not even realize they are doing school work.
Other products that may interest you:
Follow my TpT store to learn about the newest resources and freebies!
For more information about using Daily 5, check out my blog post: Daily 5 Activities for Upper Elementary
Feedback helps me create great products for you to use in your classroom. Please consider leaving detailed feedback about how this resource worked in your classroom. Each time you provide feedback, you earn TpT credits that can be redeemed for free and discounted resources on TpT in the future.
©Meghan Vestal, Vestal’s 21st Century Classroom. All rights reserved. This product is to be used by the original downloader only. Copying for teachers, classroom, department, school, or school system is prohibited. This product may not be distributed or displayed digitally for public view. Teachers may NOT upload the product to school/district servers, or to any website, or share digital or print copies. Failure to comply is a copyright infringement and a violation of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA).