I used this activity with Kindergarten students last year and they got a kick out of it. I printed and laminated two sets of the puzzle cards - one set to cut apart for a matching game and one set to use as flashcards.
A great activity for Emergent Readers and English Language Learners.
- read words containing the short-i vowel sound
- match words to images
- sort words based on word families
- identify words from specific word families
- write and illustrate words
This resource includes:
- graphic organizers for students
- 24 short-i word family cards/ 48 puzzle pieces
All rights reserved by author.
Permission to copy for single classroom use only.
Electronic distribution limited to single class only.
Not for public display.