The worksheets and games provided in this product will help your students read the three sounds of -ed as well as have your students add the suffix -ed to show past tense.
This printable pack includes several games that you can play in whole group and others that can be used during stations or independent practice. I have also included a few worksheet sorts at the end of the station activities section.
Included you will find:
1. I have, Who has? - A kid favorite, this game can be played as a whole group or as a station once the students have practiced playing with you and understand the rules of the game.
2. Dynamite - Speaking of favorites, this one is mine. In this game, students take turns pulling out a word card from the baggie. The must be able to read the word in order to keep their card, but watch out! If you pull a "BOOM" word, you lose all your cards and must start over again! The person with the most cards at the end of the game wins!
3. Roll, Read, and Color Worksheet Game Mats- Students will roll the die, then read and color one of the words under the corresponding column. Example: If a student rolls a 3, he will have to read one of the words from the column under the die showing 3. I am providing you with four options. Two of the game mats focus on just reading words with the suffix -ed and the other two focus on reading sentences that contain words with the suffix -ed. This is great for fluency!
4. Word Bump- An old favorite. Students take turns "bumping" each other off the game board as they practice reading word with the suffix -ed.
5. Unscramble the Sentences - Cut and paste. Students practice their decoding skills to unscramble the words and create a sentence. Again, the focus is on the different sounds of _ed. Once they figure out the sequence, they must illustrate the sentence.
6. -ed Printable Practice Sheets - Several worksheets that focus on reading and sorting out the different sounds of -ed.
Thanks for checking out my product. Please feel free to browse through my store and see what else you can find! Here are some links to other ELA resources that can be found in my store:
Daily Grammar Review Grade 1,Set 1
Daily Language Practice - Grade 1, Set 2
Daily Grammar Review Grade 1, Set 3
Nouns Pack of Worksheets and Games
Check out this Fabulous End of Year Product! First Grade Review
Want to earn free stuff?
•You can earn TpT credits by providing feedback on your purchased resources. Go to your "My Purchases" page. Here you will see a "Provide Feedback" button. Click, Rate, Comment, Earn.
It is fast and easy!
•Be sure you are following the store to be the first to find out about sales, flash freebies, discounts and great new products. Click "follow me" next to the green star.