This package contains 180 word wall words that are designed for levels 7-10 and used in combination with a daily student worksheet activity. Students find the definition, an example, and synonyms for the word of the day. Also included are suggested uses and teaching ideas to expand on the word of the day activity (no room for a word wall? try a paper chain!). The package also contains a milestone star system, one for use on the class word wall, and one for use on student worksheets.
As I was creating this resource I chose the words I did for a number of reasons, including the following:
- Expository Language: I was careful to include words that are especially useful when writing expository essays. Having words such as despite, necessitate, disclose, evident, dictate, tertiary etc. in their vocabulary will help students as they work to improve their essay writing skills.
- Everyday Language: This is the vocabulary students will come to encounter on a daily basis, whether it be in conversation or reading a newspaper. Words such as bias, discern, evidence, hierarchy, and animosity are common vocabulary that students will need to apply from everyday discussion to understanding global events.
- Language for Creative Writing: This is often considered the ‘fun part’ of learning vocabulary. Descriptive words such as furtive, evanescent, measly, and aloof help to bring color and description into creative writing pieces and aid in the enjoyment of reading fictional literature.
This package contains:
- Suggested Uses
- Example photos
- 180 daily word wall words
- 3 format options of student worksheets
- Classroom and student milestone stars and explanation
This package is not editable.
If you have any questions about this package please don't hesitate to contact me through the Q&A section.
Connect with me!