Also included in
- This product is a BUNDLE of the Word of the Week Unit for Grades 5 & 6 and the Idiom of the Week. Each product is sold separately in my store. You can find the links at the bottom of the description.This “Idiom of the Week” product is jammed packed with possibilities! It contains: 5 different co$8.00$9.75Save $1.75
- This resource is a bundle of the FIVE "Of the Week" Resources currently available in printable and digital formats in the store. Includes: Word of the Week, Idiom of the Week, Root of the Week, Character Trait of the Week, and Homophone of the Week."Of the Week" resources are a great way to introduc$21.00$30.00Save $9.00
Help build your students' vocabulary, an essential component to reading comprehension, with this Word of the Week comprehensive resource. Expose your students to new words found in more advanced texts, which may not necessarily be part of their oral vocabulary.
Printable and digital character traits of the week posters and graphic organizers for upper elementary students to increase students' vocabulary and their ability to identify a variety of character traits through the use of mentor texts in the form of picture books.
Click here if you are interested in the 3rd and 4th grade Word of the Week resource.
Within the pdf file you will find:
⇒ A pdf with a link to download a copy of the digital version to your Google Drive. See preview for a sample.
⇒ A pdf with the following:
- 5 different styles of cover pages for students’ booklets
- 2 different styles of table of contents
- 4 different styles of headers for your Word of the Week display in your classroom
- 36 Word of the Week posters including the word of the week, part of speech, definition and sample sentence (9 W.O.W. per marking period)
- 36 mini Word of the Week poster headers with only the word (I usually have the best elaborate sentence writers copy their sentences onto an index card and then we display them in our classroom under the word headers.)
- 1 Word of the Week worksheet that students fill out each week (Information includes word, part of speech, synonym, antonym, sentence, illustration and rating.)
- 4 quarterly cumulative quizzes (including answer sheets)
>> How this resource can be implemented as a distance learning tool <<
⇒ If any of your students do not have devices or cannot complete the work online, simply print the resource and put together a packet for parents to pick up at school.
⇒ For students who do have digital devices, a digital version of this resource has been added. You can use this resource within Google Drive, Google Classroom™, Microsoft OneDrive™, Microsoft Teams™ or a learning management system.
⇒ The digital component can also be used as an extension to the introductory lesson once the prefixes and suffixes have been introduced. It makes a great technology center activity.
What others are saying about this resource:
"These are perfect for my Grade 4/5 class! Thank you so much! I love that you have included two different assessments for each unit - that will help so much with differentiation!"
"My students loved using these new and interesting words in sentences! They also loved trying to squeeze in more than one of these words in their sentence for the week :)"
"This is wonderful! My students have loved working with the word each week and are using them in their daily vocabulary now."