This resource contains:
A PowerPoint lesson - on words ending in 'cian' ( the phoneme /j/ dʒ/ sound spelt as 'cian' at the end of words).
It is a fully editable, interactive and highly visual 32-slide PowerPoint lesson explaining when to use 'cian' - usually for occupations where the root word ends in 'ic'.
The PowerPoint includes
- Adding 'cian' with examples of words and root word
- Spelling challenge
- Anagram challenge
- Missing letter challenge
- What job do I do?
Appropriate for younger students and older Special Education students who have yet to master the basics in phonics.
Yo may also be interested in an accompanying set of 16 differentiated worksheets on words ending in -cian.
Words ending in - cian - Set of 16 Worksheets
This resource includes a set of 16 differentiated worksheets on words ending in - cian.
1. Finding missing words. (3 differentiated worksheets)
2. Anagrams - (3 differentiated)
3. Spellings - (2 worksheets - ideal for homework)
4. Using -cian words in sentences (2 differentiated worksheets)
5. Word searches (3 differentiated)
6. - Cian root words exercise (1 worksheet)
7. Definition of cian words ( 1 worksheet)