Compressed Zip File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing. How to unzip files.
This resource includes:
1. PowerPoint Lesson - explaining when to use 'ge' or 'dge' at the end of words ending in the phoneme /j/. (The /dʒ/ sound spelt as ge and dge at the end of words)
This resource includes a fully editable, interactive and highly visual 43 slide powerpoint lesson explaining when to use 'ge' or 'dge' at the end of words. There are two versions of the powerpoint - one with 'female presenter', one with 'male presenter'.
Content of powerpoint includes
- Rules for adding 'dge' and 'ge' (long and short vowel sounds, 'ge' after letters 'r' and 'n' as in large and fridge)
- Opportunities to practise spellings
- Individual / paired / group timed activity - finding as many' dge' and 'ge' words as possible in 5 minutes)
2. A set of 15 differentiated worksheets on words ending in 'ge' or 'dge' at the end of words.
Content and tasks include:
1. Missing words worksheets. (2 differentiated)
2. Anagrams - (3 differentiated)
3. Sets of spellings - 4 worksheets
4. Using ge / dge words in sentences (2 differentiated worksheets)
5. Word searches (3 differentiated)
6. Sorting words into ge / dge / vower 'r' / vowel 'n' categories (1 worksheet)
Appropriate for younger pupils and older Special Education students who have yet to master the basics in phonics.