Here is another great supplement for your Word Work Program! A personal word work dictionary. Each page includes a letter sound, sound pattern or spelling rule tip.
This is how I use this resource in my classroom:
1. Students write their spelling words in their word work dictionary.
2. Then they highlight the weekly spelling pattern in each word.
3. Students also use this as a personal dictionary and:
• add new words
• practice alphabetical order
• recognize base words
• follow spelling rules and more!
When my students ask how to spell a word, they add the word to their word work dictionary. I find that it is a great way to encourage independence and build confidence with spelling resources.
This resource is included in my Words Rule! Word Work Program Bundle!
Please visit me at: www.myideafile.blogspot.com for more ideas.