This file includes Words Their Way compatible dictations, for each of the alphabetic sorts from 6-50 (sorts 1-5 are picture sorts only). They are predominantly additional words so that they can be used to assess children’s application of the sounds once they have worked with the sort. Dictations are sorted into units and formatted four to a page.
These dictations cover the following units:
• Unit 2: Same-Vowel Word Families with Pictures
• Unit 3: Digraphs and Blends Picture Sorts
• Unit 4: Mixed-Vowel Word Families
• Unit 5: Picture Sorts for Short Vowels
• Unit 6: Short Vowels in CVC Words
• Unit 7: Introduction to R-influenced Vowels