Work and Energy - Google Slides and PowerPoint Lesson
Also included in
- This physics package includes a full lesson set for a complete unit on Work, Energy and Power. Within the unit package, you'll find the lessons, activities, and a full, day-by-day breakdown on how I teach this unit in my own classroom. Included in the package:3-4 weeks of teaching resources6 LessoPrice $48.75Original Price $75.43Save $26.68
- Work and Energy - A 5E Lesson Bundle for both middle and high school students. This bundle will fit your classroom whether you're teaching middle or high school as you can choose between two lessons, each geared towards a certain grade range.Everything you need in one tidy package. This fully-editabPrice $19.46Original Price $22.95Save $3.49
- This Physics I Curriculum takes you day-by-day through the materials I use to teach my physics 1 (grade 11 physics) students. It includes all the lessons, activities, quizzes, and tests I use to teach my students.Your bundle also includes a complete, day-by-day walkthrough that I use to teach my claPrice $281.00Original Price $433.31Save $152.31
- This Physics 1 and 2 Curriculum takes you day-by-day through the materials I use to teach my physics to my high school students (grade 11 and 12 physics) students. It includes all the lessons, activities, quizzes, and tests I use to teach my students.Your bundle also includes a complete, day-by-dayPrice $387.00Original Price $767.05Save $380.05
This Work and Energy lesson package begins by introducing Work Done and the equation: W = Fd. It then outlines Units and Direction for work as well as when Work is Positive or Negative. The lesson package concludes by examining cases when Work = 0.
This package includes the lesson (student and teacher versions of the presentation), an auto-graded Exit Ticket, TWO embedded videos, and a student lesson handout as a document. The presentation is fun and applicable with many opportunities for inquiry-based learning and discussion.
In order, the lesson covers:
- Work Done
- W = Fd
- Units and Direction
- Positive and Negative Work
- When Work = 0
Included in the lesson package is:
- The teacher version of the presentation
- The student version of the presentation
- TWO embedded videos
- An auto-graded Exit Ticket and a separate quiz with an answer key
- Student lesson handout
The student version of the presentation contains multiple blanks that need to be filled in throughout the lesson. These blanks are conveniently underlined and bolded on the teacher copy. I have found this to be the most effective means of keeping my students engaged and active without having them write everything out. This also leaves more time for discussion and activities.
- "Thank you! I really needed this! Some of the slides have a little too much on them but this is easily edited."
- This lesson includes both Office and Google formats for ALL resources. The presentation is in PowerPoint and Google Slides while all documents contain Word and Google Doc versions.
- Your resource is perfect for distance learning and integrates seamlessly with Google Classroom as I've included a link that will automatically create a copy of the resources and put them directly into your Google Drive with one click.
- Purchase --> Open --> Click --> Assign to your students
Having both options allows you to use either without worrying about formatting issues as all the work has already been done for you. It safeguards you in case your department or school decides to go Google 100% and allows you as well as your students to access everything no matter where you are or what kind of equipment is being used.
This lesson is part of my Work, Energy, and Power Unit which includes the following lessons plus many activities, assessments, etc.
I also have a range of assignments and lessons/units from other grade levels at my store. Please CLICK HERE to have a look around and don’t forget to follow if you like what you see.
Also, please visit my blog Teach With Fergy for my thoughts on teaching, learning, and everything in between.