Work like a Scientist + Senses - Printables, Writing & Anchor Chart
What educators are saying
Also included in
- Ready to give your science lessons some easily prepped engagement?! Each unit has real life photographs, hands on activities, craftivities, printables AND digital components using QR Codes! QR codes can be accessed easily though any electronic device. Simply use the camera feature or a free QR codePrice $39.99Original Price $83.00Save $43.01
- This MEGA SCIENCE BUNDLE will be a collection of all present and future science resources for K-2nd! PRINTABLES (craftivities, visual objective cards, hands on activities, writing prompts, independent practice, and QR code hunts using real life photographs) AND fully DIGITAL resources!★★ DOWNLOAD PPrice $63.20Original Price $142.00Save $78.80
What is a scientist? Over 90+ pages to give your little students a thorough and hands on introduction on how to work and think like a scientist!
How to Work Like a Scientist
- WHOLE GROUP: 12 posters to introduce the processes of science (using the verbs from the TEKS), separate speech bubbles to match pictures during whole group lesson (4 printing options: color with dotted background, color with no background or black/white)
- INDEPENDENT: "I know how to work like a scientist!"
Students draw themselves as a scientist and fill in speech bubbles - whole or half page printing option
Topics of Science
- WHOLE GROUP ANCHOR CHART: Color and b/w mini posters of each science topic taught in K-1. Students use post it notes to vote for what they think will their favorite to learn!
- INDEPENDENT: Students color in emojis to show how they will like each topic! Students predict which will be their favorite and why. Whole page or half page printing options!
- WHOLE/SMALL GROUP: Science Tool Puzzles
Match the tools by their function - 18 tools
- INDEPENDENT: School Storage Sort: Science Lab Tools vs. Other Storage
My Scientist's Senses
- WHOLE GROUP ANCHOR CHART: Sentence stem activity to prep for writing!
I use my sense of ____ when ___.
Sort the pictures by the sense and restate the sentence! 30 pics and captions in all!
- INDEPENDENT: 4 writing options to choose from - perfect for K, 1st or 2nd!
- BULLETIN BOARD OPTION!
- SENSES GAME: Spin and sense and cover an object/activity by the sense used.
I can observe like a scientist - recording page to document what is seed, heard, smelled and felt
Color by Sense - Color by code!
Describe Properties Using Your Senses - Students describe an object using a graphic organizer.
See coordinating DIGITAL unit here!
See printable resource for teaching properties here!
Just looking for SENSES? Click here to see Elementary At Heart's senses booklet!
★ Let's connect! Follow me on social media media for ideas, sales and new product alerts!
★ Join my email list for freebies! Click here for blog and enter email address in pop box!