A HUGE (discounted) Work on Writing for upper Elementary Package that will last you the YEAR! No Prep! Everything you need for your Work on Writing center (grades 4-6)! Save money with this bundle! This bundle will last you the year! Includes Common Core aligned writing anchor charts to hang in your center! This bundle includes:
RESPONDING TO LITERATURE:
- 7 shared journal prompts (whole class): glue these writing prompts on to the front of a notebook at you are good to go
- Three choice menus that will have your students excited to write about what they are reading. [examples: writing a book advertisement, changing the ending, character birthday party, travel agent (setting)]
- Includes three of my common core aligned anchor charts: summarizing (fiction V. non-fiction), writing a summary, and "getting to know" fictional characters
- 2 Persuasive writing choice menus (each with 6 choices!)
- 5 Persuasive writing whole class journals
- 2 Narrative writing choice menus (1 personal and 1 imaginative). Each menu has 6 choices.
-10 Narrative writing whole class journals.
- 2 Expository writing choice menus (each with 6 choices!)
- 5 Expository writing whole class journals.
- 2 Descriptive writing menus (each with 6 choices)
- 2 Descriptive writing whole class journals
GENERAL WORK ON WRITING:
-10 Shared writing journal prompts (whole class): glue these writing prompts on to the front of a notebook at you are good to go!
- 24 creative "headline" writing prompts: your kids will LOVE becoming "news reporters" and responding to these wacky prompts! This activity will get your students excited to go to the work on writing center! Included in the 24 writing prompts are 3 blank templates-- students can create their own headlines!
-2 Choice Menus: Non-Fiction Response & Creative Writing
WRITING ANCHOR CHARTS: Bright and eye-catching, content-filled, and (most importantly) Common-Core Aligned Anchor charts. Perfect for hanging in your writing center to guide students as they work independently.
1. The writing process
2. Peer Editing
3. Revising and editing- ARMS and CUPS
5. Opinion Writing: What good writers do
6. Opinion Writing: OREO
7. What is an opinion?
8. Fact V. Opinion
9. Persuasive writing
10. Opinion prewriting chart
11. Opinion words & phrases
12. Informative writing: what good writers do
13. Informative writing: why & how
14. How do I research?
15. Informational prewriting chart
16. personal narrative
17. Imaginative narrative
18. Narrative prewriting chart
19. Transition words
20. Show, don't tell
Take a look at the preview for a look at what is inside!
Responding to Literature Work on Writing (Upper Elementary)
Original Work on Writing for Upper Elementary
Work on Writing for Upper Elementary: Genre-Based (persuasive/opinion, narrative, descriptive, expository)
Upper Elementary Common Core Writing Anchor Charts
Reading Anchor Charts
Reading & Writing Anchor Charts Bundle
If you have any questions, e-mail me directly at firstname.lastname@example.org
Remember to leave feedback for TPT credits towards future purchases!!
Follow my store for exclusive updates and flash freebies!