This activity uses the concept of random grouping to help students create working partners. This activity is designed to help students diversify the people that they work with in the class. By grouping students randomly, teachers are able to help promote cooperation and diversity in the classroom. Teachers are also able to prevent students from feeling alienated.
I have included some of the random grouping strategies I use in my classroom. Having students line up based on random criteria conveys a sense of randomness to the students and thus eliminates the dreaded: "Well I don't want to work with him/her..."
This is a great activity to do when setting up small groups or pairs.
This product includes:
1. Around the Clock Working Partners
2. Around the World Working Partners
3. Around the U.S. Working Partners
4. Flags of the World Working Partners
5. Continents of the World Working Partners