Working Words are instructional activities to help teach young students about different kinds of words when learning to read, write, and spell. The Working Words packets included in this bundle are aligned to the Common Core Standards and differentiated for student abilities.
Set 1 includes the first group of 3 Working Words packets from the 15 that I have developed. They are:
Rhyming Words with a book called "Cool School Rhymes"
Prepositions with a book called "Jump, Jump!"
Opposites with a book called "Mat and Tam"
The following motivating activities are included for each of the 3 packets in this bundle:
1. A description of the Working Words with examples and teaching tips
2. An introduction activity
3. A poster to help students remember these words when reading and writing
4. At least one original song for fun and reinforcement
5. A full-color book to introduce and/or practice the rule
6. A black line master for small individual student books
7. A game for partners, small groups, or large group
8. At least one worksheet to check for understanding
9. A Read & Draw activity for comprehension
10. A fun enrichment activity
The activities in this bundle would be great for a literacy center!
Please be sure to check out the other Working Word packets and bundles in my store. Enjoy! Sheila